This is the 2022-2023 MOEMS Math Olympiad Contests for Elementary Division (Grade 4-6).
Sunshine is hosting the 2022-2023 year of Math Olympiad Contests for elementary school division online remotely with the following schedule:
Contest #1: November 18, 2022, Friday 5:25-6pm
Contest #2: December 16, 2022, Friday 5:25-6pm
Contest #3: January 27, 2023, Friday 5:25-6pm
Contest #4: February 17, 2023, Friday 5:25-6pm
Contest #5: March 10, 2023, Friday 5:25-6pm
The online test will be monitored by Sunshine teachers by Zoom. Students need to login their Sunshine account to join the zoom meeting on the test dates. The final awards for participants will be amounced in May.
Math Olympiad (MOEMS) promotes problem-solving. It has two levels: Elementary Division for Grade 4-6 and Middle School Division for Grade 6-8. It includes 5 contests for each year over 5 months from November to March. The goals of Math Olympiad contests are:
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To introduce important Mathematical concepts
- To teach major strategies for problem-solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
Last year nearly 170,000 students from about 6,000 teams on 6 continents participated in the Olympiads. All 50 states and 39 other countries were represented.
Here are the awards for participants: https://www.moems.org/awards.htmInstructor